The Elm Park PTFA is an active association that runs events and organises fundraising schemes throughout the year, raising vital funds to enrich the educational experience for our children. We are a registered charity with a core committee, but all parents are members of the PTFA and help make our events successful by donating a few hours of your time each year.
Parents hear from us through school newsletters, text messages, this website, the Elm Park PTFA News Facebook page and the noticeboards at school. Make sure to ‘Like’ our Facebook page!
Money raised by the PTFA has funded:
- Teaching Assistant workstations
- Easter egg hunt
- Duckling egg experience
- Foreign Language and Music resources
- Fizz Pop science events for the whole school
- Life skills bus
- Picnic benches for KS2 playground
- Redevelopment of KS1 playground
- Welly tree for Reception students
- New reading books for KS1
We typically run the following events each year:
- Quiz nights – 2 per year, always a fun evening out without the kids!
- Discos – 3 per year; Autumn, Winter and Summer discos
- Mother’s and Father’s Day present sales – the children love to pick out a special present for loved ones
- Second hand uniform sales
- Christmas fayre
- Summer fayre
- New for 2018 will be a multi-terrain 10k race taking place on 29 April 2018, with all proceeds going straight to the school.
Save the date for our 2017-18 events!
There are also a number of ways you can support the PTFA through your everyday purchases! Below are our current fundraising schemes which raise money for the school through commission on parent purchases.
- Stikins name labels – We’ve teamed up with Label Planet to offer parents the opportunity to purchase great name labels that stick onto everything, including uniforms, water bottles, lunch boxes and shoes! Just make sure you quote our fundraising number 35777 or visit the Stikins website using this link: https://www.stikins.co.uk/?NAME-LABELS=35777
<a href=”https://www.stikins.co.uk/?NAME-LABELS=35777″ target=”_blank”><img src=”https://www.stikins.co.uk/images/LP-728×90.gif” alt=”Click here to visit Stikins Name Labels” border=”0″></a>
- Easyfundraising.org.uk – the Elm Park PTFA is now an easyfundraising cause – https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/elmparkprimaryschoolptfa/. By making online purchases through the easyfundraising website or app, you will be donating a percentage of your purchase to the PTFA. There are over 3,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation, including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury’s – it doesn’t cost you a penny extra!
How it works:
- Head to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/elmparkprimaryptfa/ and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/elmparkprimaryptfa/ first or download and open the easyfundraising app to find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out, that retailer will make a donation to Elm Park PTFA for no extra cost whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and Elm Park Primary School PTFA will be really grateful for your donations.
- Uniforms through Tesco – You’ll soon be able to order your school uniforms through Tesco, earning the school 5% of all sales.
Get in touch and involved!
If you want to get involved but don’t know how, please use the comment box to the right, send us a message through our Facebook page, pass us a message through the office staff or email us at email@example.com.
We are always looking for helpers support and always put up volunteer sign-up sheets in the school reception. We normally do this a week or two before the next event and we will send out texts to let you know they are there.
Your PTFA Committee 2017-2018
Co-Chairs: Tory Corin and Sophie Gosiewski
Co-Secretaries: Stuart Kellock and Jane Parsons
Treasurer(s): Richard Turton and Emma Winslade