PTA – Friends of Elm Park
The Elm Park PTFA is an active association that runs events and organises fundraising schemes throughout the year, raising vital funds to enrich the educational experience for our children. We are a registered charity with a core committee, but all parents are members of the PTFA and help make our events successful by donating a few hours of your time each year.
Parents hear from us through school newsletters, text messages, this website, the Elm Park PTFA News Facebook page and the noticeboards at school. Make sure to ‘Like’ our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ElmParkPTFAWinterbourne/
Money raised by the PTFA has funded:
- Club Francais subscription
- EYFS outdoor equipment and art supplies
- Forest school equipment for the whole school
- Swim Gala T-shirts
- A contribution to the school reading comprehension programme
- Year 6 Lifebus transport and
- Inflatable slide for post-SATs celebration for Year 6
- Ice creams for every child on sports day
- Circus skills workshop fun day
- A contribution to Year 6 yearbooks
We typically run the following events each year:
- Discos – 3 per year; Autumn, Winter and Summer discos
- Mother’s and Father’s Day present sales – the children love to pick out a special present for loved ones
- Second hand uniform sales
- Christmas fayre
- Summer fayre
- Our multi-terrain Frome Valley 10k
Save the date for our 2022 events!
This year, the PTFA is working together closely with the school to help fund an amazing library and quiet space for all school children to enjoy. Sensory beanbags, sofas, rugs and lots and lots of books will make the space a relaxing and inviting environment for our children. We will also be assisting with funding for the schools new extra-curricular WOW days and enrichment Friday afternoons.
Ongoing Fundraising initiatives
There are also a number of ways you can support the PTFA through your everyday purchases! Below are our current fundraising schemes which raise money for the school through commission on parent purchases.
- Stikins name labels – We’ve teamed up with Label Planet to offer parents the opportunity to purchase great name labels that stick onto everything, including uniforms, water bottles, lunch boxes and shoes! Just make sure you quote our fundraising number 35777 or visit the Stikins website using this link: https://www.stikins.co.uk/?NAME-LABELS=35777
- org.uk – the Elm Park PTFA is an easyfundraising cause – https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/elmparkprimaryschoolptfa/. By making online purchases through the easyfundraising website or app, you will be donating a percentage of your purchase to the PTFA. There are over 3,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation, including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury’s – it doesn’t cost you a penny extra!
How it works:
- Head to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/elmparkprimaryptfa/ and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/elmparkprimaryptfa/ first or download and open the easyfundraising app to find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out, that retailer will make a donation to Elm Park PTFA for no extra cost whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and Elm Park Primary School PTFA will be really grateful for your donations.
Get in touch and involved!
If you want to get involved but don’t know how, please use the comment box to the right, send us a message through our Facebook page, pass us a message through the office staff or email us at email@example.com.
We are always looking for helpers support and always put up volunteer sign-up sheets in the school reception. We normally do this a week or two before the next event and we will send out texts to let you know they are there.
Your PTFA Committee 2021-2022
Chair: Louise Taylor & Rachel Tothill
Secretary: To be appointed
Treasurer: Emma Winslade